Development Department Application
Complete this form to apply to become YAL’s next Development Associate, Officer, or Manager. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
DEVELOPMENT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Young Americans for Liberty is looking for liberty-minded young professionals to fundraise and assist in managing development operations. Depending on the individual’s qualifications, they may be suitable for either the Development Associate role, the Development Officer role, or the Development Manager role.
The vision for each of these positions is an early-career professional with 0-3 years of fundraising, sales, or management experience. An energetic, can-do attitude and attention to detail is an absolute must.
Each position is responsible for maintaining relationships with YAL donors, regularly engaging prospective donors, and making phone calls to set meetings. Additional tasks may include a small amount of managing data through salesforce, compiling donor research, and creating proposals and applying for grants. The greater the experience and qualifications of the candidate, the more significant responsibilities and management potential they will be considered for.
Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) is the largest, most active, and fastest-growing pro-liberty organization on America’s college campuses. YAL seeks to identify, educate, train, and mobilize young people committed to winning on principle. We have a young, dedicated, and tight-knit staff. YAL prides itself on having very high cultural standards of performance and strives each day to be more and more of a world class organization. Individuals are not encouraged to apply for employment consideration unless being a part of a fast-moving, high-performing, and hard-working culture is exciting to them.
- Making fundraising calls to set up meetings and ask for donations
- Set up donor lists and updating data
- Cultivate relationships with prospective donors
- Compile research on current and prospective donors
- Create proposals for current and future YAL projects and events
- Apply for grants from various foundations and likeminded organizations
- Oversee interns’ work on research and development operations
- Share our commitment to personal and economic liberty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent grammar
- Ability to make many, high-energy phone calls and connect with people
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization
- Previous fundraising, sales, or recruitment experience preferred but not required
- Willingness to master new software skills and overcome challenges
- Exhibits a sense of urgency and consistently meets deadlines
- Previous political or nonprofit experience is a plus
- Absolute desire to be a part of a high performance environment