Director of Policy
The YAL Director of Policy is tasked with managing the legislative arm of YAL’s effort to elect 250 state legislators by the end of 2022. The YAL Director of Policy is tasked with holding legislators accountable, providing resources and assistance to our coalition of legislators, and working to propose and pass liberty legislation.
The YAL Director of Policy will be based out of YAL’s HQ in Austin, TX.
Responsibility & Expectations:
- Oversee accountability of coalition members
- Execute accountability process through constant contact with coalition members
- Provide legislative support to coalition members
- Read, analyze, and comment on bills
- Produce policy briefs on YAL Policy Areas
- Write floor speeches for video content
- Work with our communications team to publicize coalition members
- Give direction on legislator op-eds
- Produce multiple op-eds per month from legislators
- Send out coalition newsletter each month to membership
- Assist in legislator videos
- Run 2 Legislator Summits per year
If you are up for the challenge of being YAL’s next Director of Policy apply today.