Website Center for Growth and Opportunity
Academic and Student Programs Manager
The Center for Growth and Opportunity
The Center for Growth and Opportunity strives to conduct world-class, policy-relevant research in the areas of (1) innovation & entrepreneurship, (2) health, wealth, and human capital, and (3) business, government, and civil society. Another key goal of the Center is to provide students with immersive, research-based mentorship and to actively build a network of scholars conducting research in priority areas.
The Academic and Student Programs Manager at the Center for Growth and Opportunity is responsible for executing on the Center’s strong commitment to enhancing the education of students.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
● Plan and execute student program recruitment, selection, and trainings consistent with organizational values and mission
● Coordinate with and educate prospective students on CGO opportunities
● Interview and select students for all programs
● Develop programming consistent with the strategy to meet the needs of CGO student programs
● Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including the research team and executive leadership, on relevant student program components
● Drive expected student programmatic outcomes
● Provide a meaningful and unique experience to all CGO students
● Coordinate student fellow conference attendance
● Mentor student program leaders
● Build and cultivate relationships for potential internship opportunities
● Encourage students’ post-graduation goals and guide them as they consider internships, jobs, external fellowships, and graduate studies
● Facilitate student placement in leveraged roles post-graduation
● Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, history, journalism, or a related field required
● Minimum of three years relevant experience, including supervisory experience
● Experience working with students at an undergraduate and/or graduate level
● Commitment to higher education in a small, focused, teaching environment
● Commitment to the development of students
● Proven record to manage, track, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
· Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of the CGO, and 2) your salary requirements
· A brief writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://talentmarket.org/asp-cgo/ →