Website Defending Democracy Together
We’re an advocacy organization dedicated to promoting and defending America’s democratic values and institution, which have been threatened by a chaotic political environment. We engage in high-profile communications and government affairs projects to fight for conservative principles that have been challenged in recent years.
We’re looking for a Communications Associate to join our aggressive and dynamic communications team. This person must be excited for the chance to work on high-profile public policy issues and have an interest in writing about preserving our democracy and upholding the rule of law. This person will be responsible for overseeing communications to the media (including preparing press releases, press kits, and other content initiatives) as well as cultivating and managing relationships with media representatives. We offer a competitive salary (dependent upon experience), the ability to work on diverse issues, ownership over projects, a downtown-DC location (Metro-accessible), a collaborative environment, and the ability to have an impact on the public policy process.
- Craft persuasive arguments designed to educate the public or media on an issue, and translate complex public policy ideas/positions into publishable content.
- Write, prepare, and distribute press releases and email pitches for the media.
- Produce influential written content including op-eds, talking points, blog/web/digital content, position papers, opposition research, memos, facts sheets, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct press outreach and schedule media interviews for radio, print, and television.
- Coordinate with the communications team on promoting relevant messages, ensuring accuracy, and checking facts.
- Analyze current issues and seek opportunities to advocate for our issues.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects, copy-edit for other writers, and customize writing for multiple audiences and outlets.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.conservativejobs.com/jobseeker/jobdetail.cfm?JobID=QkQxNkZDQ0Y1RjJGRjk2OUJDMzcyQ0E5RDc0MzhEMDE=& →