non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly research and educational org
The mission of the Independent Institute is to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. Founded in 1986, Independent is a non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly research and educational organization that sponsors in-depth studies of critical social and economic issues, proposing innovative, non-politicized solutions, and we are growing!
The Development Coordinator is a key team member of the development team and responsible for all development administration, including, but not limited to: processing donations, sending acknowledgements, and executing activities for the mailing and communications calendar for the Independent Institute. The position offers immersion in development best practices with an emphasis on donor-centered fundraising through relationship-building. Key to success in this role, beyond the operational requirements listed below, is a strong commitment to the ideas animating the Independent Institute.
- Coordinate development administrative processes, including: maintaining prompt and accurate records, fulfilling membership benefits, conducting donor research, and reporting results weekly.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills for drafting and editing written correspondence, email campaigns, acknowledgements, proposals, and reports.
- Steward annual fund growth through timely written, telephone, and personal contact with donors.
- Assist with scheduling meetings for team members.
- Coordinate event logistics and attend events as needed to represent the department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred coursework in Political Science or Economics
- A passion for the mission of the Independent Institute and our public policy goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, combined with exceptional initiative, savvy, and creativity
- Outstanding conversational ability, in person and over the phone
- Self-directed with strong organizational, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Superior organizational and task management skills, experience with databases, word processing, spreadsheets
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, Independent is an award-winning, academic, non-partisan, public policy research and educational organization. We publish books and a quarterly journal, produce forums about issues in the news, and increasingly offer our materials in digital and visual media.
Candidates should visit Independent’s website at Independent.org to learn more about us, and then submit resume, cover letter and relevant writing sample (if available) to:
SWatson @ independent . org
To apply for this job email your details to SWatson@independent.org