As a Leadership Team member, you will:
- Earn $$$ with a lucrative bonus package
- Participate in YAL strategy and the decision-making process
- Lead your state or region as an official representative of YAL
- Receive an official YAL email account and business cards to distribute
- Expand your personal network within the liberty movement
- Develop your leadership skills and gain grassroots experience
- Build your resume for future employment
Qualified YAL members who are accepted to the Leadership Team will be assigned a State Chair position based on their unique skills and experience. Each position’s term lasts for only one semester, but oftentimes State Chairs are offered the chance to return, assuming they serve admirably and productively.
YAL’s Leadership Team is headed by our Regional Directors.
Regional Directors work, communicate, and support the national network of State Chairs, chapter leaders, and YAL members. If you are approved to join YAL’s Leadership Team as a State Chair, your Regional Director will contact you soon with more information.
Reporting directly to one of YAL’s Regional Directors, State Chairs operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Qualified teams of State Chairs will organize and manage state-wide activities. Teams of State Chairs will work together to support YAL’s network.
The main responsibilities of each State Chair are to:
- Start new YAL chapters
- Recruit new YAL members
- Foster chapters’ activism within the state
- Organize YAL Regional Conventions
- Help reform unconstitutional speech codes on college campuses
State Chairs are identified leaders who have proven themselves on campus or in the field; approximately fifteen hours of work each week can be expected.