There are a ton of benefits to having an activism calendar. Here are a few:
- The process of making a calendar encourages your chapter officers to plan events far in advance.
- Having a calendar (and following it) lends your chapter more credibility.
- Officers, members, and potential recruits can all easily see what’s ahead and plan their schedules accordingly.
It’s really easy to make your own. Check it out:
1. Make a copy of this Google doc and save it to your own drive (this requires a Gmail account).
2. Fill out the empty fields with your meeting/event information.
- Feel free to experiment at this point! Put in some sample information and share it around with your fellow officers. Afterwards get their feedback and make any needed revisions.
- Use ctrl+enter to enter a new line within a cell (Learn more about Google Sheets here).
3. Export the Google sheet to a PDF file.
Use these settings when you export:
- No gridlines
- Fit to width
4. Print out copies and bring them whenever you table or hold an event.
You’re done. Now go have an awesome Fall semester!