This great article from The Washington Post that tackles the 5 most typical yet deceitful myths about the threat of terrorism. They are:
1. Terrorism is the gravest threat facing the American people.
2. When it comes to preventing terrorism, the only real defense is a good offense.
3. Getting better control over America’s borders is essential to making us safer.
4. Investing in new technology is key to better security.
5. Average citizens aren’t an effective bulwark against terrorist attacks.
Since the Lap Bomber incident, many of our leaders unfortunately are pushing for military action against Yemen in order to nullify the “threat of terrorism” the country supposedly poses. The reality is that most of the government’s belligerent strategies have failed and it is time to reexamine them, taking into account these myths.Published in