WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Tea Party members of the U.S. Senate will form and hold the first meeting of the Tea Party Caucus TODAY, Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011, at 10 a.m. in Hart Senate Office Building, room 216.
Along with various grassroots Tea Party groups who have played a vitally important role in the movement to put our nation on the right path, Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Mike Lee (Utah), and Rand Paul (Ky.) will gather to discuss spending proposals, options for balancing the budget, bringing an end to our nation’s deficit, and limiting the size and scope of the federal government.
Citizens will be invited to speak to address their concerns about what’s happening in Washington and given the opportunity to offer questions to Sens. DeMint, Lee, and Paul.
The following Tea Party leaders are also slated to speak at the event:
- U.S. Senator Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania
- U.S. Congressman Marlin Stutzman, represents Indiana’s 3rd District
- John Tate, president, Campaign for Liberty
- Grover Norquist, president, Americans for Tax Reform
- Amy Kremer, chairman, Tea Party Express
- Tim Phillips, president, Americans for Prosperity
- Matt Kibbe, president and CEO, FreedomWorks
- Ginni Thomas, president, Liberty Consulting
- Jeff Frazee, executive director, Young Americans for Liberty
- Jamie Radke, chairwoman, Virginia Tea Party Patriot Federation
- Gary Aldrich, president, Liberty Central
The event will be streamed online by the Tea Party Express as produced by Tea Party HD at TeaPartyExpress.org or and TeaPartyHD.com. Information on online feed for broadcast is available here.
DATE: Thursday, Jan. 27
TIME: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST
LOCATION: Hart Senate Office Building, room 216