In the news:
- War propaganda: The big headline from the NYT plastered all over the Internet today is that the U.S. discovered $1 Trillion in mineral deposits in Afghanistan… as if this just happened. In truth, we’ve known about Afghan minerals since the 1980s. The allegedly “liberal” NYT’s article is well-timed to justify President Obama’s continued military expansion into Afghanistan even as the public grows weary of our operations there.
- When Congressmen Attack! Democratic Congressman Bob Etheridge physically assaults a student on camera. He should have used Congressman Rangel’s approach: smile and tell the person to “mind your your g** d*** business.”
- Too liberal? Near record 49% say the Democratic Party is.
- Medical Costs still going up. Wasn’t ObamaCare the solution?
- Fascist medicine: The White House is now calling the shots for private health insurance companies with sweeping new powers and tight regulations.
- Do something, Government! From the Cato Institute. The President just can’t solve everything. Period.
- When will people learn this? Minimum wage laws hurt low-skilled laborors. It’s basic economics!