Here’s the latest on liberty on the Hill:
- Rep. Rand Paul discussed his opposition to mandatory minimum sentencing for drug use
- Rep. Justin Amash is still going after the unconstitutional indefinite detention in the NDAA
- Sen. Paul takes on the Pentagon, introducing a bill requiring warrants for gov’t use of drones in the US (see his op-ed on the subject here)
- Rep. Walter Jones “called on the nation’s leaders to use the $10 billion spent monthly in Afghanistan to rebuild America, ‘and to hell with Afghanistan.'”
- A pair of new bills from Sen. Paul would “essentially end” the TSA as we know it.
- Rep. Amash plans to take his famed transparency to the streets
- Sen. Paul threw his support behind a bill to legalize hemp in the US