Here’s the latest from Capitol Hill:
- After nearly nine years and $800 billion, Obama claims we are leaving Iraq with “heads held high.”
- The President also suggests that fixing the economy is going to take a really long time now — probably at least four more years.
- Senator Rand Paul basically stops a future war with Russia. No, that is not an exaggeration.
- Senator Mike Lee led the charge against the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a new regulatory agency unaccountable to Congress.
- Sen. Lee also attempted to start a Super PAC, but his request was denied by the FEC.
- In the House, Rep. Justin Amash is building a bipartisan coalition opposing the National Defense Authorization Act, which would allow Americans to be imprisoned indefinitely for terrorism without formal charge or trial.