According to a June 11 article from AntiWar.com, 10 civilians are dead from an American air strike in Afghanistan’s Ghor province. Although it was already reported that the target of the air strike, a warlord named Mullah Mustafa with ties to the Irani Quds Force, was killed in the attack, it is now being acknowledged that he probably survived the attack. Jason Ditz, the author of the AntiWar.com article, writes:
Ghor’s deputy governor Ikrammudin Rezazada says villagers are reporting 12 militants killed in the bombing, Mustafa not being one of them, but 10 civilians were killed as well, six of them children. The provincial government says it is conducting its own investigation into the matter.
…The US claims that the latest killings are “unsubstantiated” is likely losing some credibility because in the aftermath of the Farah strike, the military changed its official story several times. Initially it insisted the entire incident was manufactured by the Taliban, then it accused civilians of lying about the toll to get money. It was only this week that the Pentagon finally conceded that the toll was correct and that there had been “some problems” with the attack.
See the entire article here.Published in