Yesterday marked the final meeting of the Davis chapter under the leadership of the 2014-2015 administration. Although the full academic year isn’t over yet, the final quarter will allow the new leadership team to build upon the strong foundation that has been laid down in the last 10 months of hard work.
From the void of apathy and nonexistence, this chapter has overcome the odds and now stands to be a shining beacon of freedom in the Northern California area. Great things are in store for the coming weeks and months!
Here are some of the recent milestones of this outstanding organization:
- Club restoration plans began in June ‘14
- Club received RSO status in September ‘14
- Club began hosting General Meetings in October ‘14
- Club leadership attended the SFL NorCal Conference on Oct 25
- Club leadership released Joint Resolution on the UC Tuition Hikes and Administration alongside the LPYC in November and December ‘14
- Club held Pot Brownie bake sale in late January ‘15
- Club sent invasion team to CAL in early February ‘15
- Members attended the 8th annual International Students for Liberty Conference in Washington DC in late February ‘15
- Club co-hosted a special speaker event with ARS on the topic of Free Speech featuring Steve Simpson of ARI
- March 9 marked the 7th and last General Meeting of Winter Quarter out of over 20 meetings held in the last 10 months
- March 11 will mark the final event of Winter Quarter, a joint initiative with SSDP: an educational speakers panel on the topic of The War on Drugs
New efforts will include linking up with the surrounding schools in the area such as Woodland Community College, Solano Community College, Sacramento State University, and American River College so as to expand and strengthen the liberty network in Northern California with the help of the two YAL State Chairs assigned to the area, as well as with Campus Coordinators of Students for Liberty and the resources of the Leadership Institute.
It’s been a great year indeed but there’s still lots of work to do! Those in and around Davis are excited to begin this new chapter of education, advocacy, and activism!